What I Learned From 2018
Later 2018! It has been amazing and extremely difficult, but my advice to anyone going all in on their passion or starting something new in 2019 is:
1. NEVER GIVE UP - Fight the voices. It's a constant battle. I am not getting paid, nobody cares, you're not good enough. I could just travel and do my own thing since I have a passive income is what I hear in MY OWN HEAD!! Please, never give up.
2. HARD WORK - Nothing has been given to me on this journey thus far. Everyone sees the travel, but nobody sees the hours of research, emails, logistics, social media, etc. If you want it bad enough, you will put in the work, time, effort, energy and give everything you have. Don't look back saying you could have done more.
3. TIME MANAGEMENT - Nobody is telling me what to do with my time. Big difference from what I was use to in the military. Best thing I have done is to buy a planner and schedule my days, even scheduling appointments with myself at coffee shops to write for my website and various other forms of work for beer, wine, and spirits. You have 24 hours in a day, be proactive with your time instead of reactive.
4. FIND YOUR TRIBE - This is my north star. Without my tribe I would have given up. When you start an endeavour such as the one I am on you find out who your true friends are. Words cannot express how much I need my tribe at this moment and as I continue on this journey.
5. SACRIFICE - People ask me how I can afford to travel around the world. One word, Sacrifice. I spent 20 years in the military and now I collect a pension, I saved everything I earned for a very long time, I sold everything I owned, I dont go out on weekends and spend my money on stuff I wanted. Its tough, but it allowed me the freedom to do what I am doing now.
6. PATIENCE - I have learned that success doesn't happen over night. 2018 started with 365 blank pages and now they have a story of me starting my journey of beer, wine, and spirits.